Monthly Meeting March 2012
Members’ Monthly Meeting 22nd March 2012
- Simon will speak to the chief engineer re temperature control in the Terrace and Conservatory, to see if there can be any adjustment to retain more consistent temperatures before the air ventilation systems get looked at later in the year.
- Simon will speak to the Lockside team re location of a bench, a shelf, or hooks to hang things while preparing for shower.
- The foyer lounge is due further refurbishment, as the area redecoration has not finished yet.
- Regarding tennis no shows, Simon will see if a duty manager can walk the courts to check court bookings at busy periods, e.g. Saturday mornings. We are hoping to go to an automated system later in the year where people who consistently show up late or not at all, for tennis courts or exercise classes, are automatically flagged up and their ability to book withdrawn for a set period.
- With the hotel booking system updated, we then updated the corresponding hotel and conference website. When the members booking and membership system gets updated, and the online booking facility gets installed we will have the members website updated at the same time.
- Planning permission has been granted for a change of usage for the golf court. There will be a presentation to the board of all the member ideas from the consultation process on 27th April 2012, and we will present back the proposal once approved. We will look to include some pastimes for all like croquet and boules.
- We will look at installing a window in the mens changing room doors, some hand rails in the showers, and a handrail for the Garden room step.
- We will look at possibility of some additional fun social events like a quiz night, and I am on the hunt for a keen quiz master amongst the members! There was also mention of a Jazz night and I have been given a contact for a jazz band.
Thank you for attending and for your contribution.